Below are a few things you can do at home to help take care of your ears and hearing:
- Do NOT use cotton swabs to clean your ears; they can push ear wax closer to your ear drums.
- Do NOT stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.
- If you are in a noisy environment, wear ear protection (ear plugs, headphones, etc.)
- Turn the volume down on your TV, radio, MP3 player, etc.
- While at a concert or club, don't forget to take a break from the loudness so your ears can rest.
Your local hearing specialist can answer any further questions you have on how to increase the longevity of your hearing.